is located on peak of Hadji Dimitar (1441 meters) in Stara Planina mountain, north-east of town of Shipka
. Until 1942 the name of the peak was Buzludja and is wide known with it old name. The place is historical because there were happened 2 very important events from the Bulgarian history:
- In 1868 there was the final battle of Bulgarian rebels led by Hadji Dimitar
and Stefan Karadzha against the Turks;
- In 1891 the socialists led by Dimitar Blagoev assembled secretly in the area to form an organised socialist movement.
The monument was erected in honour of the second event and is one of the symbols of the socialism in Bulgaria
. It is a domed hall and 70-meters high pylon. On the top are mounted two five-pointed stars (former communistic symbol) with height of 12 meters. The Ceremonial Hall has a diameter of 42 meters and a height of 14.5 meters and occupies area of 550 square meters. There are mosaic decorations that reproduce "the build a socialist society".
Every year Bulgarian Socialist Party organized celebrations
for its supporters in region of the monument.